extGen R4 Socket Feature Summary – A New Revolution:
- Patented Non-blocking Schuko Grounding
Only Universal Socket that support Schuko Grounding, but can still take plugs from any country
- No more half inside, half outside Safety Shutters
The new patented “Slide In” Safety Shutters solve the “Half Inside, Half Outside” problem!
This is the new design This is the old design
- Meet European safety shutter standard
Single pole cannot open either power socket
Two failed approaches
- Separate locking mechanism. It has to be manually switched to open the safety shutters and close the safety shutters every time.
- One Safety Shutter to protect the Live-socket. The Neutral-socket can always be opened.
This fails the “single pole cannot open either power socket” requirement.
The reason we mention this is due to the difficulty in design. During one of our R&D prototype, the safety shutters would completely lock up after 150 times of usage
Slide-In New Technology (not “Slide-Out) – Wonpro’s old design has safety shutters half inside the adapter and half outside the adapter, pretty BAD design.
- Extra Bonus: Safety Shutters help to hold Schuko Plug tightly IN POSITION
The new “Slide In” Safety Shutters push against the Schuko Plug inserted inside the eR4T/eR4 adapters. This help eR4T/eR4 socket provide extremely Tight Connection.
Schuko plug inserted into eR4Ta/eR4a without safety shutters can be easily knocked out, especially for 2-Pin Plugs (grounded 3-Pin Plugs don’t have this problem).
- Solved the “US Flat-End Plug” problem
This is not a problem for ALL other plugs in the whole world, including the “curve end”
US plug. But, the “FLAT end” US plug used to be a HUGE problem. We’ve worked on this issue and make it a lot easier to insert through the safety shutter. Just in case you get the
first production of any or our universal products, please just insert your “FLAT End” US plug
at 45 degree and it will go in very smoothly. In 30 years, the “Flat End” UP plug’s pressure point was always in the WRONG position. We spent ONE YEAR finally solved this seems very simple but actually extremely challenging problem – but we did it. Now it is PERFECT!
Technical Details – Tons of New Innovations:
EuraPra Innovations PowerPoint (52 Pages)